Move Better with Mark!
ITB Kickout has a lot of great benefits, but most important to runners is ankle mobility, control of hip rotation, spinal rotation, and hip flexion, all of which are improved by this incredible movement.
If you want to see this exercise used in our running workout sign up for Mark Lauren On Demand.
Step by step guide:
- Get into a long straight push up position
- Roll onto the left side, the inside of the left foot
- Pace your heel flat on the ground
- Bring your right knee to your left elbow
- Kick out your leg
- Pull your toes back towards your face
- Switch sides
- Maintain a long neutral spine as much as you can
- Turn onto the inside of the left leg
- We now have adduction, hip flexion on the right leg, kickout with dorsi flexion, and internal rotation
- Switch side