EGG-ACTLY WHAT YOU NEED!
We can’t help but love eggs. It’s packed with fat, protein, amino acids, and it’s wrapped up in this small fun size. It’s so easy to cook, and you can basically take it anywhere. You can egg a neighbor’s home or you can make an egg sandwich. Egg’s make it easy to add extra protein in every meal or snack.
When buying eggs look for certified organic or free-range on the label. Brown or white eggs? There is no difference in quality or nutritional value. You can pick you preference.
This recipe makes 12 breakfast cups, great for meal prep. You can divide the breakfast cups into 4 servings and store them in the refrigerator. This will save you time in the morning, and they make great snacks.
12 Canadian bacon, thinly sliced
6 grape tomatoes, halves
½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper
12 cupcake pan
If you’re on Block 2: Add 4 fruits (1 per serving)
If you’re on Block 3: Add 4 fruits and 4 whole grain toasts with 4 tablespoons almond butter (1 per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Place one Canadian bacon in the cupcake pan. Then layer with cheese and mushroom. Next, carefully crack an egg in the cup then place on tomato on top. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Repeat until all cups are filled.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Divide breakfast cups into 4 servings and store them in the refrigerator and serve according to your meal schedule.
- Depending on your meal block, add 1 fruit and/or toast to each breakfast cup serving to complete your meal.