HERE IS YOUR BREAKFAST!
Eggs are a great quick and practical protein and fat source. With all the essential dietary amino acids in eggs you cover the body’s needs. It is also an easy way to add protein to your meal.
When buying eggs look for the terms certified organic, free-range, certified humane and Grade A on the label. Brown or white eggs? There is no difference in quality or nutritional value between the brown and white eggs. You can pick the one you like.
This recipe looks like leftovers. Put the rest of the Breakfast cups in the freezer. This way you are prepared when you don’t have time.
- 12 Canadian bacon, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs
- 6 grape tomatoes, halves
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 sprig parsley, minced
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Place one Canadian bacon in the cupcake pan. Layer the cheese then mushroom in the cup. Carefully crack an egg in the cup then place on tomato on top. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Repeat until all cups are filled.
- Baked for 20 minutes or until eggs are set. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Fat- 8g
- Carb- 3g
- Protein- 19g
- Total calories 160