Move Better with Mark!
Glute Hip Up is a great exercise for your hips, your glutes and hamstring. We have simultaneous hip flexion and hip extension, which is needed for walking, running and other athletic activities like throwing a ball. Every movement where your hips are involved.
If you want to see this exercise used in a workout sign up for Mark Lauren On Demand.
Step by step guide:
- Lay on your back
- Pull your left foot in towards your hip
- Pull your right knee in towards your chest
- Remain dorsi flexion on this foot
- Hands on your side about 45 degree angle
- Palms up
- Squeeze sjhoulder blades together
- From here while keeping your knee pulled in to your chest push your hips straight up as high as you can
- Same thing on the other side
- Keeping the knee pulled in towards your chest insures that we don’t over arch through the lower back